Coronavirus Update: Taking a major decision, considering the threat of coronavirus, the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to put a lockdown across the state. There will be a lockout in the state for the next three days i.e. 27 March. Earlier on Sunday, the UP government, taking strict steps to prevent coronavirus infection, decided to lockout in 16 districts of the state.
Complete Uttar Pradesh lockdown due to Coronavirus
The districts of lockdown on Sunday included Lucknow, Aligarh, Gautam Budh Nagar (Noida), Kanpur, Varanasi, Meerut, Azamgarh, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Lakhimpur Kheri, Agra, Prayagraj, Saharanpur, Bareilly, Pilibhit, Moradabad. After this, on Monday evening, after getting a corona positive patient in Jaunpur, he was also locked down. After deciding the lockdown in Shamli district on Tuesday afternoon, CM Yogi decided to lock down the entire state. CM Yogi also said that if curfew is required in any district, then the District Magistrate can decide on it.
No hold on Uttar Pradesh lockdown
- Employees of Medical Health and Family Welfare, Medical Education Department, Home and Prison Administration, Personnel Department, District Administration, Electricity Office and Billing Center, Disaster and Relief, State Property Department, Information and Public Relations, Information Technology and Fire Fighting.
- People involved in the supply of fruits, vegetables, milk, dairy, grocery and water
- People involved in civil defense, emergency services and telephone, internet and data center services
- People associated with home delivery of postal service, bank, ATM, Insurance company, e-commerce.
- Print, electronic and social media.
- Petrol pumps, LPG, oil agency, drugstore, medical equipment, veterinary hospital and animal feed.
Also, read this